Monday, February 23, 2009

RKC completed!

RKC San Jose 2009 completed. Jordan did a great job getting me ready for the weekend. I felt strong during the workouts. I can't say enough about MVO2 workouts as well. This is an amazing way to get your cardiovascular abilities. I never felt winded, tired, or worn out during the workouts. This enabled me to focus on the skills development portion of the training. Good stuff! My weakness was with the military press. I got some pointers on how to improve my technique and therefore my muscle tone.

My proudest moments:
1. passing my snatch test in 2 1/2 minutes flat
2. being told my swing was "bad ass"
3. Pavel telling me my movements were "crisp" and I was a "machine"

Areas to continue work:
1. military press
2. continued work with MVO2, I want to get up to 80 sets with 16 kg
3. front squat to press with 16 kg

I want to thank the amazing team of teachers. Each unique and so willing to share their knowledge and skills. RKC is an amazing group of people all dedicated to the ideals of functional movement training. Thank you!

5 comments:

Amy Jurrens, RKC said...

Congratulations Tara!! I knew you would fly through your snatch test! You're a rock star!!

How did your callouses fare?

My military press was weak at the RKC as well. I've really amped up my weights on TGUs and bent presses. As a result, my presses are much stronger as well. You'll get there!

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Nice work comrade. You should be proud:)

Sarah said...

Tara, congratulations on this great accomplishment! I am beginning my kettlebell training with an eye on the RKC, and your success is very encouraging to me. : ) How cool that you finished your snatch test in half the given time. You go, girl!! Wishing you much continued success!

Nikki Shlosser said...

So fabulous, congratulations!

Kai Johnson said...

Great work Tara! Congratulations on your success.